Blog

Happy in the Saddle

By Coral Lewis, BSc., MPT, CAFCI Indoor cycling (a.k.a spinning) has become one of the most popular ways in Seattle to fit a quick and sweaty workout into a busy schedule. As a Physical Therapist, I am increasingly seeing client's whose well-intentioned spin workouts are feeding into their aches and pains and eventually causing injury, usually in their backs and knees....
Read More

Follow-Up on Team Stride’s 2018 Movement Goals

We’re 7 months out since the associates at Stride Physio declared their 2018 movement goals for “all the world” to see. With our Stride family growing and our clinic expanding, so are our goals and ambitions. Click here to take a look at our team's past goals of 2018 and feel free to continue following us on our movement journey!...
Read More

Row, Row, Row Your Ergometer

By Coral Lewis, BSc., MPT, CAFCI Looking for a full body workout? Look no further! With a few helpful technique tips for injury prevention, the rowing Ergometer (a.k.a the ERG) can be a great addition to your gym workout. The ERG can challenge your body in new ways while providing a great cardiovascular workout and working all major muscle groups. Outside...
Read More

Body Mechanics with Babies and Toddlers

By Alexis Eusterbrock, DPT, COMT, OCS, Pelvic Rehab Provider Whether you are a new parent, a grandparent, nanny, or other caregiver, taking care of infants and toddlers can be hard physical work. Protecting your body while providing for a child’s needs can often be very challenging and result in a number of overuse injuries such as low back pain, neck...
Read More

Stride Physio’s Lease Expansion

By Susanne Michaud, DPT, OCS We are now 6 weeks into the construction of the Stride clinic expansion and it’s coming along swimmingly. The wall between the adjoining offices came down and new treatment rooms went up. We are gaining more private treatment rooms that overlook Lake Union and a significantly larger movement space.  We chose cork for the movement...
Read More

Seattle Special Olympics

By Grace Lucuab, DPT The Special Olympics USA Games was held in Seattle from July 1 to July 6. These games take place every four years, and this year more than 4,000 athletes and coaches from all 50 states and the District of Columbia, competed in Seattle and the Greater Seattle area. Athletes participated in 14 different sports, and approximately...
Read More

“Every Breath You Take, Every Move You Make.”

By Laurie Gribschaw, DPT, ATC, PRC Breathing: one of the basic things we take for granted since it happens as an automatic process. But how we breathe matters to our immune system, nervous system and dental health, especially for our developing children. Let’s have a brief anatomy review to assess how nasal breathing helps our immune system and also decreases...
Read More

September 18th, Kathe Wallace Pelvic Organ Prolapse Seminar at Stride Physio

Stride Physio is excited to announce that physical therapist, Kathe Wallace, who focuses on pelvic floor rehabilitation, will be teaching a Pelvic Organ Prolapse Continuing Education Seminar at our clinic! The seminar will be hosted at Stride Physio on September 15th, 2018 at 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.  To purchase tickets for Kathe's seminar, you can visit her website by...
Read More

Teaching Your Brain to Crave Healthy Habits

By Mylan Vu, DPT, OCS, MTC Have you ever tried to create a healthy habit for yourself? Perhaps it was to eat better, sleep more, read nightly, or do your physical therapy exercises more regularly?  After you decided to make this change, how long was it before you fell back into old patterns? It can be frustrating trying to get these...
Read More

The Aging Runner – That’s Me!

By Susanne Michaud, DPT, OCS I am a constant runner.  I run because it is the fiber of my being, the ya ya’s in my cells, the therapy for my blahs, the generator of my ideas, my connector to everyday nature. I’ve run consistently for 36 years, give or take time out for injury, since joining the track team in...
Read More