Telehealth at Stride Physio
Physical therapy and wellness coaching on the go and in the comfort of your own home or office
The COVID-19 pandemic may have stopped much of the world; but it hasn’t stopped pain and injury. Stay at home orders may be keeping you from going to physical therapy for issues you were working on prior to the crisis. For many people, working at home at a computer all day may be causing more neck, back, shoulder, and/or hip pain and soreness. Some of you may be doing more gardening or trying different forms of exercise that are causing other aches and pains to arise. How do you get the care you need without putting yourself or others at risk during this time of social distancing? The answer is Telehealth.
Telehealth appointments are one-on-one interactions between you and your physical therapist via a virtual platform that is safe and secure. All that is required technologically is a digital device connected to the internet that has a camera and a microphone. Stride Physio uses the Doxy.me platform which does not require you to sign up for any app. The technology is both easy and safe to use.
- All private health insurance companies in Washington State are required to cover telehealth appointments with physical therapists during this crisis, thanks to a mandate by Gov. Inslee.
- As of 4/30/2020, CMS approved telehealth services with physical therapists during the COVID-19 crisis. The approval is retroactive to 3/1/2020
- Because many insurers will only cover a limited amount of time, telehealth appointments at Stride are scheduled for 30 minutes.
- We ask that you pay all co-pays at the time of the appointment via our online portal. Otherwise these will be billed to you after.
- HSA plans cover telehealth appointment at the cash-pay rate
Cash Pay Options & Services
One hour physical therapy initial evaluation & home exercise program: $160.00
60 minute follow-up packages: 2-pack: $300.00 / 4-pack: $500.00 / 8-pack: $960.00
30 minute follow-up packages: 2-pack: $150.00 / 4-pack: $250.00 / 8-pack: $480.00
15 minute physical therapy screens: $40.00
Virtual Home Ergonomic Assessments: $180.00/one-hour session
Wellness coaching: $150.00 / one-hour session
Custom Fitness Programs (e.g. running performance, golf swing, weightlifting technique, yoga for your back): $150.00/ one-hour session
What is telehealth?
Telehealth is a healthcare appointment on a virtual platform that allows one-on-one interactions in real time with your provider. Stride Physio uses a secure and HIPAA compliant platform that allows for safe video/audio conferencing connecting you with your physical therapist.
What technology is needed?
- You’ll need a device with a screen, a camera and a microphone. This can be a computer, tablet or smartphone.
- A set of wireless headphones is helpful, but is not required.
- Good internet connection.
- We will email instructions on how to access the doxy.me platform. You will be asked to return a signed consent form via Docusign prior to your first appointment.
How to make the best of the appointment?
- Choose a private space where you feel comfortable to conduct your visit. Make sure you have room to move around.
- Collect any exercise equipment you have before the appointment, such as exercise bands, a yoga mat, foam rollers, balls, blocks, weights, etc.
- Wear clothes you can move in that are form fitting so that your PT can see your movement.
- If someone is available in your household, we may ask that you recruit them to help with certain hands on techniques.
How does billing work?
- If you use your health insurance for a medically necessary condition, we will bill your insurance company directly and bill you for any co-pays required.
- If you choose a cash pay option you can purchase a pre-paid appointment package by clicking here <link to page that has a sign-up and link to our instamed account>.
What are some benefits of telehealth appointments?
- You can receive physical therapy on-the-go or in the comfort of your own home or office.
- You can connect with your PT in real time to address your current physical issues and advance your activity goals.
- You will have continuity of care and progression of your treatment plan.
- Your PT can easily observe your form doing your current home exercises and assure that you're doing them in a safe and effective manner, advancing your program as appropriate.
- Your PT can demonstrate exercises that are tailored to fit your current needs.
- If you're exploring new forms of exercise at home, like online fitness videos, your PT can assess their appropriateness, make accommodations for your injury and advise in pacing and form to make sure that they won't trigger or aggravate injuries.
- Your PT can go on a walk or run with you (and your loved-one holding the smartphone) to assess your form and provide cues to correct any issues.
- Your PT can evaluate and optimize the ergonomics of your home office setup, making the best of what you have, to prevent injury while working from home.
- Your PT can teach a family member how to perform a manual technique or massage on you to simulate needed treatment for your issue.
- If your PT uses techniques like taping or cupping, they can instruct you where to purchase these items and teach you or a family member on how to apply on yourself.
- Working with your PT in your home environment will better habituate you to actually exercising in your home.
Can I still do in-clinic care instead of Telehealth?
During this COVID-19 crisis, our therapists are seeing people in person on a very limited and case-by-case basis, who’s medical necessity is determined by the physical therapist. Selection criteria to be seen for these in-person appointments includes acute injuries, post-operative issues, significant pain and uncontrolled or worsening symptoms. If your issue is not urgent, we ask that you opt for the telehealth appointment instead.