Blog

Peloton and Spin Bike Fits at Stride Physio

By Tim Ainslie Are you pedaling efficiently and comfortably when cycling on your Peloton or your spin bike?  Can you keep up with the instructor and the pack?  Do you have pain in your neck, shoulders, arms, spine, hips, or knees when on your bike?  These are the questions to ask if you are considering having an evaluation of your...
Read More

Levi Returns from France!

While the year 2020 has been filled with unprecedented surprises, Stride is excited to welcome back Levi to the team! Most may know that Levi was living in France for the last 8 months, but due to immigration issues and a global pandemic, he decided to return to the States. We are thrilled to have him back and for him...
Read More

Stride Physio’s Commitment to Black Lives Matter and the Anti-Racism Movement

The team at Stride Physio stands in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement for racial justice, equity and inclusion.  This movement is awakening us out of complacency and deepening our compassion for the pain, injury, and suffering that racism has caused in the lives of Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC).  As physical therapists working in Seattle,...
Read More

Wellness Coaching

Wellness Coaching at Stride Physio By Nicole Todisco, DPT   Stride Physio is excited to announce we are expanding our capacity to support and empower our clients along their health and wellness journeys. We will soon be offering wellness coaching! Some of our PTs are presently pursuing certification and we anticipate launching this program in the early summer. We already...
Read More

COVID-19 updates for Stride

Stride Physio’s COVID-19 Response and Operations  We're all in this together. Endurance and Pacing During the Coronavirus Pandemic; Stride Physio’s Constant Focus on Safety Updated 11/24/2020 The Coronavirus pandemic has turned all of us into ultramarathon endurance athletes, demanding that we pace ourselves in order to cross the finish line.  With the latest surge in cases and a return to...
Read More

Love the One You’re ALWAYS With…Yourself!

By Susanne Michaud, DPT, OCS The practice of self-compassion is paramount in the healing and recovery process. Practicing self-compassion towards one’s negative self-emotions leads to a softer, kinder motivation that improves the brain and body’s ability to learn and change.1 Evidence for this is found in the research of psychologist and founder of the self-compassion movement, Kristen D. Neff. In...
Read More

Get Ready for Golf Season

By Tim Ainslie, MPT Snowflakes may be flying as I write this but, it’s not too early to start thinking of golf. A program to promote flexibility, strength and balance can improve your primary piece of golf equipment—your body. Although golf is less a game of strength and more a test of timing and coordination, there are some exercises that...
Read More

Women’s Ways of Cycling: Finding the Joy, Freedom, and Empowerment of Bicycle Commuting in the City

By Susanne Michaud, DPT, OCS I love Seattle. I’ve lived here since 1987 so can attest to the changes in density and traffic patterns. The conversations about the Seattle then versus now often degrade into complaints about the traffic. I can recuse myself of these negative grumblings because I have the magic carpet ride for transportation – my bike. When...
Read More

Postpartum Athletes’ Return to Fitness and Running Guidelines

By Laurie Gribschaw, DPT, ATC, PRC Recently, I had the luxury of taking another course on the management of pregnant and postpartum fitness athletes. As a female clinician without children, I try to do everything I can to expand my understanding and clinical skills associated with this underserved population. For too long, women’s health issues have been silenced and unrepresented...
Read More

Sleep: The Unsung Hero of Healthy Bodies Everywhere

By Laurie Gribschaw, DPT, ATC, PRC The latest overwhelming recommendation in our modern medical system is: getting 8 hours of sleep (go figure that what’s old is trendy again)!  Researchers and healthcare providers across nearly all disciplines universally agree that sleep is of critical importance for our health.  We are recognizing sleep as the cornerstone of our cardiovascular, neurologic, and...
Read More