Blog

Why Strength Training Matters With Runners

By Elena Soles If you’ve been on social media in the last few years, you’ll see just about every running coach is discussing and incorporating strength training. So how does this relate to PT? The effect on injury risk and injury recovery is an ever growing field in research, and an important evolution in physical therapy for addressing dysfunction for...
Read More

Wilderness Safety

By Kaitlyn McNally The Pacific Northwest is a great place to be if you love the outdoors. Whether you are at a beginner or advanced level, there are so many places for you to get out and connect with nature. When it comes to the wilderness, it’s incredibly important to be prepared for anything and have the basics of first...
Read More

Book Club

Elena Soles, DPT Join us for Stride’s first book club event! Grab a glass of wine, cuddle up with your dog, and meet us on Zoom to discuss Kelly McGonigal’s groundbreaking book “The Upside of Stress". To say any one statement about the magnitude of stress in this past year would undoubtedly be insufficient and redundant. McGonigal’s book helps us...
Read More

PT Services Across State Lines

By Suzanne Soine Do you or your loved ones need physical therapy while in another state or a rural area? Oftentimes, we have a hard time finding care when we are on vacation or wish our family and friends could see our physical therapist but are too far away. New adaptations to physical therapy access due to COVID 19 has...
Read More

Tourniquets, Light Weights and Bulging Muscles; Introducing Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Training at Stride Physio

By Susanne Michaud Stronger, faster, more powerful than a speeding bullet… That super hero image is the implied outcome of great strength training. To get there, one must consistently lift, push, and pull heavy loads over a period of months. For example, if the most I could dead lift is 100 pounds 1 time, then my dead lifting workouts would...
Read More

Teletherapy: Is it Worth It? Will it Work for Me?

Resident therapist Elena Soles dives into what we have learned so far in this relatively new, virtual method of care. Our already increasingly virtual world has become even more so during COVID-19. Seemingly everyone, regardless of lifestyle or work, is spending more time (if not the majority of time) facing a computer for meetings, family time, and medical needs. To...
Read More

9 Medically-Approved Pilates Moves to Try at Home

Gyms closed on you again? Never fear! Keep your Pilates practice going strong with this essential at-home-friendly sequence created by clinician Heidi Marten! Now that gyms are closed again, many people are wondering what they can do at home with minimal equipment and set-up. We mustn't underestimate how essential exercise is for both physical and mental health, in helping to...
Read More

Black Girls RUN! Review

Stride Physio, in partnership with Super Jock n’ Jill, launched a September running/walking challenge for the organization Black Girls RUN!. This was an incredible success with more than 16 participants, thousands of running and walking miles, and $4,400 raised on the GoFundMe platform for the foundation. Stride hosted weekly Zoom check-ins for participants that featured Stride physical therapists, as well...
Read More

The 4th Trimester and Beyond

By Alexis Eusterbrock, DPT, COMT, OCSBy Alexis Eusterbrock, DPT, COMT, OCS I started to brainstorm and write this blog nearly a year ago after returning to work following maternity leave with my second child. My motivation for writing this blog is to bring greater awareness to the importance of true REHABILITION following childbirth. Currently there is pressure in our society...
Read More

COVID Control: Cold Season Preparedness

Laurie Gribschaw DPT, ATC, PRC, Level 1 PN Coach These unprecedented times have sucker punched us pretty hard over the past year, catching us totally off-guard.  But with 9 months of practice under our belts, and by tapping into our superpowers to prepare and innovate, we can be healthy and thrive through the cold, dark season.  This blog is about...
Read More