Blog

Unmasking the Mandate

Unmasking the Mandate   Washington State’s mandate around masking in healthcare facilities will be lifted on April 3, 2023. Because we are proud of our safety record throughout the pandemic, we are putting in place the following measures to keep everyone as healthy as possible while visiting Stride. Until further notice, Stride’s employees will continue to be masked in all...
Read More

Office Chair Workout

We all know that sitting for hours at a computer is bad for us. It can lead to neck and back soreness, and for some, nerve irritation and even damage. Our solutions have largely been focused on altering the positions we are in while we are typing away on our keyboard at work (and increasingly on our laptops at home.)...
Read More

A Physical Therapy Holiday Survival Guide

Keeping up with physical therapy during the holidays is tough. There are so many other things to do - cooking, parties, shopping, travel, and visiting with family and friends. But if you're in physical therapy over the holidays, there's a reason. You're having pain, or not moving as well as you want to. These issues place limitations on your life, which are going...
Read More

Body Mechanics with Baby and Toddler- Part 2

How to keep your body healthy and avoid injury while caring for little ones Alexis Eusterbrock, DPT, COMT, OCS, pelvic rehab provider Part 1 of this blog was published in 2018. As I continue to work with parents, grandparents, and caregivers, I realize that more information is needed regarding body mechanics when caring for children. Unfortunately, this information is not commonplace in...
Read More

What Moves You to Move?

What moves you to move?  We ask this as a way of tapping into what is important and meaningful to each us.  When we explore and discover ways of moving that delight us, that we find interesting and that aligns with our values, we can fuel and sustain our motivation to stay fit and healthy.  We asked our team at...
Read More

Physical Therapy for Video Gamers

By Dr. Trevor Farmer With the rise of Esports, twitch streaming, and the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic leading people to stay indoors and social distance more, many people have found themselves playing video games more often and for longer hours. However, with increased play time comes increased repetitive motions and prolonged poor sitting positions leading to problems such as...
Read More

Getting Ready for Hiking Season

By Dr. Suzanne Soine It’s that time of year where skiing is in full swing and many are looking forward to spring and hiking season.  Hiking is a very popular activity here in Washington and can be challenging at the beginning of the season without proper training or easing into the sport. I greatly enjoy hiking and I want to...
Read More

Stride Launches Health & Wellness Coaching!

By Susanne Michaud, DPT, OCS Stride Physio is proud to announce our expanding capacity to support and empower you along your health and wellness journey. Starting January, 2022, we are offering health and wellness coaching as a specialty service.  Stride’s owner and physical therapist, Susanne Michaud, obtained her health coaching certification through WellCoaches this past summer and is excited to...
Read More

Birth Trauma

By Alexis Eusterbrock, DPT, OCS, COMT In my practice, I assist many women with their postpartum rehabilitation, and I have had the opportunity to listen to their birth stories. What I have learned from both my own personal experience and experience as a clinician, is that the labor and delivery journey is extremely varied, unique to the individual, and can...
Read More

How To Poop Like A Unicorn

By Heidi Marten Bowel issues are a common problem in society and physical therapists often help treat patients with bowel dysfunction and pelvic pain. Here is a quick rundown on digestion, bowel movements, and easy changes to promote bowel health in yourself.  Digestion Digestion begins in your mouth, with chewing and saliva starting the breakdown of food. The food enters...
Read More