Tim Ainslie, MPT – Physical therapist
Tim is an orthopedic, sports and manual physical therapist who brings over 30 years of wisdom and experience to his practice. Tim is a recent transplant to the northwest, having spent his first 22 years as a physical therapist in his hometown of Ithaca, New York. While in NY, he was also a part-time faculty lecturer in the Physical Therapy program of Ithaca College, teaching the spine and orthopedic courses. Tim is a lifelong learner, having studied with a variety of educators and programs, including extensive manual therapy study with the North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy (NAIOMT). He was a certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist through the APTA for 20 years. Tim’s strong interest in sports rehabilitation is rooted in his history as a former Division I lacrosse player and coach. He enjoys the challenge of working with clients with spinal and shoulder problems, identifying their movement and structural dysfunctions and using his clinical skills to help individuals meet their activity and movement goals.
- Spinal care: necks and backs
- Shoulder care
- Manual therapy: joint mobilizations and manipulations
- Therapeutic taping
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ)
- APTA Orthopedic Clinical Specialist: 1995 to 2015
- NAIOMT: Certified Manual Physical Therapist: 2002
Education and Professional Certifications
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy: Duke University, 1986.
- Bachelor of Arts in Animal Behavior: Bucknell University, 1980
- American Physical Therapy Association since 1984.
- American Physical Therapy Association Orthopedic Section since 1986.
- PTWA since 2019
Tim’s interests outside the office include golf, cycling and coaching youth lacrosse. His involvement in lacrosse has spanned 5 decades and will be continued in Seattle. As a new comer to Seattle and the Pacific Northwest, he looks forward to exploring the hiking and biking trails of the region. As well, Tim and his wife, Carolyn, are thoroughly enjoying and valuing the truly fresh produce and seafood of this region.