Mylan Vu, DPT, OCS, MTC, CAFS – Physical Therapist
Mylan is a board certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist. Her interest in physical therapy developed through her own experience with injury. Growing up, she participated in everything from basketball, soccer, volleyball and tae kwon do. Her activity level came to an abrupt halt when she injured her knee playing volleyball. She underwent an ACL reconstruction and meniscectomy, followed by many months of rehabilitation. Her challenging journey back to health completely changed her perspective on how the human body is able to repair itself.
Her experience with sport and resulting ailments allow Mylan to see the whole person, and how injury and pain can greatly restrict the way we want to live. She understands the disappointment when your body fails you, the frustration that can occur during the healing process, and the unbelievable sense of achievement that transpires when you return to the thing you love.
Though pain reduction may be the primary reason why people seek physical therapy treatment, Mylan places a strong emphasis on educating her clients on the cause of their symptoms. She believes that this is the key component to guiding her clients to pain reduction, prevention and long-term success. With both injury prevention and performance improvement as her goal, Mylan creates an individualized action plan for her patients and provides them with the tools to help them remain strong and reach their full potential.
- Advanced training in manual therapy – correction of soft tissue and joint restrictions
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation techniques
- Multi-joint dysfunction
- Postural Restoration Institution techniques
- Post-operative care
- Spinal stabilization
- McConnell and Kinesiotaping techniques
- Functional exercise
- Multi-joint pathologies
- Sport and movement analysis
- Youth injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences 2011
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, University of Washington 2008
- PT – Physical Therapist
- DPT – Doctor of Physical Therapy
- OCS – Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties 2017)
- MTC – Manual Therapy Certification (University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences 2013)
- CAFS -Certification in Applied Functional Science (Gray Institute 2016)
- American Physical Therapy Association – APTA
- Physical Therapy Washington Association – PTWA
- Seattle Pediatrics Sports Medicine – ACL Injury Prevention Task Force
Mylan has a love of staying active and trying new things. She likes hiking, running, yoga and playing volleyball. She tries to take advantage of the eclectic music, art, movie and theater scene Seattle has to offer. She enjoys experiencing adventurous outdoor activities, learning about culture and capturing it through photography, and indulging in exotic foods on her travels. She also enjoys cooking and baking, playing musical instruments, and spending quality time with friends and family.